Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Is Today Judgement Day in the NBA's Labor Crisis?

by Kevin L. Davis (@EsquireSports)

Everything I keep hearing from David Stern and from the journalists I respect that have been covering the impending labor dispute (i.e. Ken Berger, David Aldridge, Andrew Brandt, Michael McCann, Chad Ford, etc.), has not instilled confidence in me that the a lockout can be averted.

As most of you know, the Owners have told the Players that it will be obvious by tonight if their will be a lockout after they receive the Players latest counter-proposal.  The problem is although the Owners have backed off their demands of non-guaranteed contracts, I do not think they have relented far enough away from their initial proposal to make anything that the Players put forward be deemed agreeable.

I guess we'll know more in the coming days, but I wouldn't expect to hear any good news from the meetings that conclude today.

No comments:

Post a Comment